Tuesday, November 8, 2011

My Sweet 100 has fallen down

It's the monsoon season.

Strong wind has been blowing non-stop. Day and night. My cherry tomato plants were the victim. Especially the one on the right - the younger one.

Last night, it was blown by the wind so much that it toppled over onto its neighbor. The plant, the rig, and the container - toppled over as a whole. It was a scary scene.

The plants were top-heavy, especially the younger one. As soon as as put the plant back upright, I cut as many upper branches as possible while trying to minimize on losing the green and unripe cherry tomatoes. After the hair-cut, I repositioned the container so that the plant is now leaning against the wall - I hope that it won't topple over again as it now has the strong support of the wall.

It's still a bit top-heavy though.

No comments:

Post a Comment