Friday, December 28, 2012

How I should have planned my trip to Kuala Lumpur


Every time after I went on a trip, I would feel sorry about not having done something in a there entirely, or not having done something in a particular way.

My trip to KL was no exception.

First, I regret buying a map for RM 10 from a bookstore that was totally useless. I should have bought a prepard SIM card as soon as I arrived at the airport. That way, I could use Google Maps everywhere I

Second, I should have gone to the Central Market (near China Town) as my first stop whereas in reality it was my last stop.

At the information counter in Central Market, there are the best and free maps available! "Kuala Lumpur - Walks and Tours Map" was a fantastic map. Points of attractions clearly mapped out. There are suggested journeys too.

While you are there, don't forget to ask the staff at the counter for information about the guided tour of Merdeka Square (Independence Square). She gave me another excellent map. For free!!!

I believe you can get the following map at Central Market too. But I obtained it at the Bird Park instead. That's "Kuala Lumper City Map". It's a good map! It also has the KL's Transit Rail Map in it.


Lesson Learned: I should go to the most popular point of interest as my first stop, wherever I travel to, and get the free and best maps there!

No comments:

Post a Comment